100 Days - 100,000 Words
25,001 words down, 74,999 to go!
Deadline - November 1
Inspiration - pandora.com

Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 32

Day 32
When I was about 12, I was waiting for my mom to get her hair cut.  I had a notepad with me, so I started writing detailed descriptions of people in the salon.  Not only did I write about what they looked like, but I tried to look at physical clues and make things up about them.  Woman has a wedding ring, so I would write about how she only got one day a month to get out of the house, and her family is very poor.  Her husband has lost his job, and they're barely making ends meet, so she's here with money she tucked away every week for a month.
Stuff like that...  it was fun.  I still like to make things up about people I see randomly.  I think it helps me to know better how to develop my characters.

1 comment:

  1. Psychics do that... That's actually a pretty cool little exercise. I'm going to try that. Probably will do it internally instead of writing it down...

    ReplyDelete