100 Days - 100,000 Words
25,001 words down, 74,999 to go!
Deadline - November 1
Inspiration - pandora.com

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 18

Day 18
So first off, let me start by saying that I think I have a great handle on deciding things in this story.  Things have happened that I didn't even imagine.  As of tonight, I wrote a whole bunch and just plainly had fun.  Jack and Daisy have been under a lot of stress lately, and I think it's great that they are just breaking loose and having a good time.
They went to this place called the village in the town, and it totally reminds me of a combination between Victoria Gardens and the Mission Inn.  A little Disneyland in there too, you know Baton Rouge area?  It's super pretty.  They're having fun, and it's fun to write.
Also, Daisy just realized something about Rosie... she isn't just the small-time little old lady she acts like she is.  And Daisy could totally figure out who Rosie is, but she just hasn't put two and two together.  She's so oblivious.
So, I've been holding out on you guys....

CELEBRATE!!!  We just reached the big 2-5!!!  That's right, 25,000 WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!  Woooohoooo!!!  I know I said I needed to celebrate for this many, but I just don't know how to.

So I'm doing good so far, under par at this point.  I need at least 1,000 words per day, and I've met and surpassed that so far.  If I can keep head, I'll be able to knock this novel out in no time.  Though I realize not everyday is a fun date day for Jack and Daisy.
It's easiest for me to write when Jack and Daisy are having fun together.  It's so hard to write about their arguments and trials.
So interesting new character, Mrs. Hatcher.  She runs the boarding establishment where Jack and Daisy are currently residing.  She seemed so nice at first, but then she started busting out threats to Daisy when Jack wasn't around.  I honestly thought she was nice, maybe she's just protective?  She wasn't so kind to Daisy.  I got upset with her.  Now I feel a little uneasy everytime they're at her place.  I don't know what she's going to do.
See for yourselves, meet Mrs. Hatcher:

As she (Daisy) opened the front door of Mrs. Hatcher’s, she was surprised to see the large woman standing in the way of the staircase. Daisy froze, then tried to move forward, hoping Mrs. Hatcher would move.


“Jack’s had it hard enough already, little thing. Don’t think I’m not watchin’ ya, huh?” She was significantly less kind than the last time they’d had an encounter. Daisy was appalled.

“Excuse me,” She shoved past. Mrs. Hatcher followed Daisy with her eyes, up the stairs, around the corner. Daisy shuddered when she was out of sight. She did not want to be on that woman’s bad side.
 
 
So this in itself isn't terribly mean, but compared to how jovial she was just before that...  the contrast is what's so bad.  This was definitely not how she portrayed herself to Jack.  She acted like Jack was a son she'd been missing.  Interesting.  She did live with Jack in his childhood for a little while, right after Jack's mom passed away.  I'm wondering if she knows more than she's acting like.
 
Anyways, I think it's time for lights out in these parts.  Jack and Daisy could use a rest.  Oh, you may be interested to know too, Daisy has a job.  We'll see how that goes.  She only found out what restaurants were a couple days ago, now she's gonna be working at one?  Ha!
 
Favorite line of the day: The village was amazing. It was out of doors, and the weather was perfect, cool but not cold. There were chains of lights suspended from across the buildings creating a lattice of starry-looking bulbs above their heads. Lights wrapped the trees and lined the windows, the town was dancing with electricity. It was gorgeous. Daisy had never known anything like this existed. In her world, dark was just dark, and there was nothing to fill it.
 
Yeah, yeah, not really a line.  I just love this paragraph altogether.  Seriously, the village sounds SO pretty!!  I wanna live in that town.  The whole place is just gorgeous.  Way better than Daisy's world, can I get an amen??  I would love to visit somewhere like the village.
25,001 words

3 comments: