100 Days - 100,000 Words
25,001 words down, 74,999 to go!
Deadline - November 1
Inspiration - pandora.com

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 16

Day 16
So first off, I would like to start this post by posing a question: Do you think that the mayor and city council of Egypt maybe sat around in a circle at any point having a conversation that began like this: "What're we gonna do to stop the graffiti problems in this town?"
Yeah, because maybe if our civilization gets wiped out, they're gonna think gangs tagging mail boxes was a symbol for our hunting habits.
Hieroglyphics, shmieroglyphics, I'm saying that a major cornerstone of every campaign for mayordom began with "In order to defeat the graffiti problem in this town..."

Okay, absolutely unrelated rant over.

So the guy who writes the peace corps writing thing that I link to everyday would love me.  My story has pretty much everything he wants there to be in a story.  I totally only have like, three characters you care about so far.
You know what I decided today though?  I need a better evil.  Aw, sad day.  I knew that the evil would have to come in at some point, so I put evil in two forms, one of them tangible and one of them less significant, ore symbolic.
I guess it's time for the plot twist.  Well, not yet.  maybe at around 30 or 40 thousand words.  Then they can spend the rest of the time untangling things.
I want to make sure that I haven't written too much yet that actually pertains to the major plot.  I think my story needs more introduction so I spent some time today going back over what I've started.  I added about five hundred words or so in one part that really needed it.  That made me pretty happy.
Yeah, sadly enough I think that Daisy is going to encounter the evil, it's gonna manage to show them that they need to defeat the symbolic evil, and then they'll be able to live in peace.
Maybe.  I haven't really figured it out yet.  I don't want things to get too out there.  We'll see what happens.  I've worked a ton today on my story, hurray!!  It's coming along quite quickly.

Favorite line of the day: Her blue-green eyes sparkled and danced in the lamplight, her hair was brown. She never knew.

22,296 words

2 comments:

  1. So, I pasted into Word my story in its current form to check the word count. I'm at 23,770. Granted, I cut out about 5,000 words recently because I wasn't satisfied with it, but still, that means that you're about to pass me. Pretty awesome.

    As for your graffiti comment, I have totally thought about what future archeologists might think of us if that crap gets through. We really need to cut the thumbs off of the perpetrators so we can get a handle on it before it's too late. I don't want our future to read: Jeff's a gay homo--because a bathroom stall ends up being the center of an archeological dig site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... I guess there was an SNL skit about Rudy Juliani or something and his "graffiti prevention program" where the first time someone graffitis, they paint over it, second time they spray paint "sucks" under their name, third time, they hire someone to graffiti "sucks" in the same style the people did their's in, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete