100 Days - 100,000 Words
25,001 words down, 74,999 to go!
Deadline - November 1
Inspiration - pandora.com

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 9

Day 9
It is usually my fashion to write random excerpts and try to link them all together.  Trouble is, I never get around to linking them together.  So far, in this story, I haven't really been writing those.  I have things I want to be sure to include, but I just make little notes for later.

Boy, so it seems like I was tearing through this story, and now I've sort of come to a halt.  I try to write a little bit each day, usually I try to get out at least 1,000 words.  But it's tough.
I feel like I don't know what I want to have happen.  I can't just have a bunch of small events, I need one large, overarching adventure to take place.  I know the grand ending that I want, but I don't know how to make the story arrive there without segmenting it into a billion little parts.

I think today I will devote some time to just rereading the whole story and adding things where I feel the story could use some more detail.

Favorite line of the day:  It sounded like the rustling of gift wrapping, but that might falsely indicate something pleasant.
16,530 words

1 comment: