100 Days - 100,000 Words
25,001 words down, 74,999 to go!
Deadline - November 1
Inspiration - pandora.com

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 8

Day 8
So I'm sorry, but I honestly just don't believe that you HAVE to write what you know.  I think you can write about things that you've never experienced and come up with some of the most amazing stories.  Sure, throw in some of your own experiences here or there.  Your story has to have your finger prints on it, it doesn't have to have your DNA.

I thought about naming my story the other day.  I have no idea what to call it.  I figure I'll spend more time actually writing what happens in my story, and THEN name it.  I'm sure something will present itself.

Favorite line of the day: The powdery dirt cracked beneath his finger tips with the guise of ancient emptiness.
16,198 words

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I like to write about things I know little to nothing about because I want an opportunity to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete